Sunday, January 8, 2012

New York

I am back from my east coast adventures with the wonderful Nigel! We were mostly upstate in a little town outside of Albany called Kinderhook visiting his parents, who were so lovely and kind to me. We also went to Boston, where he went to college (BU), and into New York City for a couple of days. In Boston we met some friends of his, ate delicious vegan Thai food in Chinatown, and visited a store called the Garment District where they sell clothes by the pound. I, of course, dragged him to the MoMA in NYC, which was a lot more exhausting than I remember. They had a great exhibit about Willem de Kooning, which even Nigel, who isn't modern art's greatest fan, enjoyed.

pile of clothes in the Garment District

Keith Haring in the MoMA

No comments:

Post a Comment