Monday, December 12, 2011

Real Estate - "Days"



I can't stop listening to Real Estate's new album "Days". It is everything I've always loved in the rest of their albums and EPs, except it hasn't already been played to death on my iTunes. It does feel strange for me listening to it in December, as I discovered them in the summer. They have such surfey guitar riffs, and a really relaxed feel, which makes me long for summer days on Martha's Vineyard. (where, being from New Jersey, maybe they have been.)

It seems I'm not the only one who feels this way, either. As NPR writer Stephen Thompson said in his "First Listen" article about the album, "Real Estate doesn't take long to set a tone of wistful, rose-colored nostalgia on Days, its second album of reverb-y beach-pop."

Finding any shared files of a band simply called Real Estate can be a little tricky, so here is a link to a downloadable zip file of the album. (the slow download is free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment